« »

Final stretch

I am 99% done with my Rhyme costume! The missing 1% is her necklace because I haven’t found a small bell to use yet. Everything else is done now though :)


I did end up dyeing the shirt one more time, and now I’m really happy with the color. It looks very similar to the color in her artwork, where it’s not quite orange or pink, but somewhere inbetween, like a salmon color.

I originally bought iron-on printer paper for the logo, but I didn’t use it. Both parts (the skull and the crossbones) were larger than the paper. Plus, I was reading reviews on how the color might bleed or ruin the shirt, which scared me. I went with the good ol’ Heat n’ Bond, which has always been trustworthy for me. I ironed it to some black cotton first, then ironed it to the shirt.


Fortunately, I didn’t have to vector the design myself. Back when I was cosplaying Neku, I read many TWEWY threads on Cosplay.com and remembered this post in particular. Many thanks to Pollux for sharing it!

For the shoes, I went with black Vans as the base and sewed yellow fabric on top of it. I already had a lot of yellow broadcloth left over from something else, so I used that. I sewed the yellow part separately, and then hand sewed them to the shoes. The top part is stuffed with yellow fleece (which I also happened to have around), though I wish I made them poofier.


To be honest, I’m not totally happy with them, but at least they don’t look too bad in the photo where I’m wearing them. Maybe I’ll go back and improve them later when I have more time.

Since I’m pretty much done with the costume, I moved its page from the In Progress section to the Completed section. I will be taking photos in it next week and will show the results later!

« »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *